Collection of Personal Data
1. We collect Personal Data about you in the ways listed below. We may also combine the collected Personal Data with other data in our possession.
2. During the course of using our Services, Personal Data we collect about you may include the following (to the extent that such Personal Data is available to us):
– identity data, such as your name, gender and date of birth;
– contact data, such as billing address, delivery address, email address and phone numbers;
– account data, such as bank account details, credit card details and payment details;
– transaction data, such as details about orders, payments, delivery timings, and other details or Services related to you;
– technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, device information, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, international mobile equipment identity, device identifier, IMEI, MAC address, cookies (where applicable) and other information and technology on the devices you use to access our Services; profile data, such as your username and password, orders related to you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– usage data, such as information on how you use our Services, including the time spent on our Services, data searched for on our Services, access times and dates and other similar statistics; and
– marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us, your communication preferences and your chat, email or call history with us.
3. We may receive your Personal Data from you in the following situations through the use of our Services:
– when you browse our website (both mobile and web versions) or use our mobile application;
– when you create an account with us;
– when collecting feedback on our Services through any channel of communication;
– when you apply for, subscribe to or otherwise use any of our Services;
– when you make a transaction for our Services on any platform;
– when you activate or use any payment-related functions available in connection with our Services or provided by our third party service providers;
– when you use any of the features or functions available on our website or mobile application;
– when you use the chat function on the website or mobile application;
– when you subscribe to our publications or marketing collaterals;
– when you enter any activity, competition, promotion or survey on any of our platforms or communication channels;
– when you log in to your account on the or otherwise interact with us via an external service or application, such as Facebook, Instagram or Google;
– when you interact with us offline.
Use of Personal Data
Grain may use, combine and process your collected Personal Data for the following purposes:
– facilitating your use of our Services and processing orders you submit for our Services;
– to fulfil any of our Services you have purchased, we may pass the relevant Personal Data (e.g. delivery address) on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partners) in order to make delivery of our Services to you;
– to update you on the delivery of our Services;
– to provide customer support for your orders;
– to verify and carry out payment transactions (including any credit card payments, bank transfers, offline payments, remittances, or e-wallet transactions) in relation to payments related to you and/or Services used by you. In order to verify and carry out such payment transactions, payment information, which may include Personal Data, may be transferred
– to third parties such as our payment service providers;
– to administer your account (if any) with us;
– to store, host, and back up your Personal Data;
– to respond to your queries and feedback, whether directly or through our third party service providers;
– to provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
– to send you marketing or promotional information about our Services from time to time;
– to help us conduct marketing and advertising;
– to produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
– to identify visitors on our Services;
– to conduct surveys, data analysis, testing, research and monitor usage and activity trends and our users’ demographics and behaviour;
– to derive further attributes relating to you based on Personal Data provided by you, in order to provide you with more targeted and/or relevant information;
– to understand your user experience with our Services and further develop our Services;
– to improve the layout or content of our website, mobile application and customise them for users;
– any other purpose to which your consent has been obtained;
– to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, including any law enforcement requests, in connection with any legal proceedings, or otherwise deemed necessary by us; and
– where necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
Disclosure of Personal Data
1. may share your Personal Data with and/or transfer your Personal Data to third parties for the above-mentioned purposes. These third parties may be inside or outside
Singapore and include, but are not limited to:
– service providers (such as agents, vendors, contractors and partners) in areas such as payment services, logistics and shipping, cloud storage providers, marketing, data analytics, market or consumer research, survey, social media, customer service, installation services, information technology and website hosting;
– their service providers and related companies;
– our subsidiaries, associated companies, jointly controlled entities and affiliates; and
– legal advisors, law enforcement officials and government authorities.
2. In disclosing your Personal Data to any third parties, we endeavour to ensure that the third parties keep your personal data secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, processing or similar risks and retain your Personal Data only for as long as your Personal Data is needed to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
3. We may also share Personal Data in connection with any proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we satisfy the requirements of applicable data protection law when disclosing your Personal Data.
International Transfer of Personal Data
1. We may transfer or permit the transfer of your Personal Data outside of Singapore for any of the purposes set out in this Policy.
2. However, we will not transfer or permit any of your Personal Data to be transferred outside of Singapore unless the transfer is in compliance with applicable laws. This includes putting reasonable safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the Personal Data. We will also ensure that the recipient is obliged to protect your Personal Data at a standard of protection comparable to the protection under applicable laws prevailing from time to time.